Job Title: Facilities Manager
- As part of the Estates and Facilities senior management team, the post holder will provide effective management, strategic leadership and direction to the range of facilities services.
- Take senior lead on all Facilities operational activity within the department and assist the Director of Facilities and Estates in the development and delivery of strategies for the range of services.
- Ensure efficient, effective, customer focussed. services are delivered against agreed targets and within budget.
- Effectively manage contracted out services to ensure they meet agreed standards.
- Provide high-quality delivery and value for money against key performance targets.
- Ensure quality principles and standards are in place to meet the Trust, local and national standards.
- Work closely with colleagues in the department to ensure the Trust environment is maintained to high standards.
6 to 7
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
- Professional knowledge acquired through a Master in Facilities Management or equivalent
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management studies
- Health and Safety management qualification (IOSH)
Essential skills and competencies
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills. Good line management/people skills to give staff candid feedback.
- Ability to hold staff accountable for performance standards.
- Enhanced report writing skills. Performance orientated/customer focussed.
- IT system skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent leadership skills; strong team leader
who can motivate staff to deliver results and provide outstanding customer service/experience.
- Negotiation and financial management skills.
- Able to manage autonomously within the corporate/trust framework.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Significant senior experience in Facilities within a healthcare setting. Excellent proven track record of business acumen.
- Managing a number of disciplines within Estates and Facilities/support services management.
- Experience of contract/tendering of service. Working at a senior level in a complex environment/organisation.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Development of performance targets and indicators.
- Risk management assessments and controls. Business and workforce planning/skill mix reviews.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams.
- Dealing with complex/difficult and sensitive HR issues.
- Experience of healthcare systems, procedures, legislation, guidance and medical terminology.
- Market testing procedures.
- Benchmarking techniques.
- Project management experience.
The salary banding for any NHS post has a clearly defined start point, and salary progression based on nationally negotiated pay scales (Agenda for Change). These bandings and pay points are widely available https://www.nhsemployers.org/pay-pensions-and-reward/agenda-for-change/pay-scales/annual
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.