Job Title: Head of Facilities
To be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of all strategic and operational Facilities functions to the Trust. These include the operation and development of the Trust’s Facilities Support service for the Trust covering the following services:
- Site Security
- Transport and Distribution
- Domestic services
- Design and Print
- Switchboard and Reception
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of a Facilities strategy to support and enable achievement of the Trust’s Service Objectives and Plans.
8a to c
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
MBA or equivalent business qualification
Evidence of continuing professional development.
Essential skills and competencies
- Negotiation skills, particularly in relation to financial and contractual matters on the various methods of procurement.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements including, Health and Safety at work, Food Safety, etc. Numerate and IT literate to interpret/present data and integrate information.
- Able to influence diverse parties to gain support.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills in undertaking option appraisal and preparing business cases for capital investment.
- Highly developed oral, written, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to develop, communicate and gain ownership for a clear vision and direction.
- Able to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Able to work and engage constructively with internal and external colleagues.
- Able to act on own initiation, judgment and to make decisions.
- Strength of resolve to hold others to account for agreed targets.
- Strongly held commitment to openness, honesty, inclusiveness and high standards.
- Good team leader and player.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Ability to think and act strategically, developing practical, innovative and creative solutions to the management and strategic estate issues and complex problems.
- Personal and professional demeanor and credibility that generates trust and confidence in others.
- Highly motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Experience at a senior level in facilities management.
- Experience as a Project Manager; including managing and delivering multiple projects across boundaries.
- Experience in managing staff and contracts
- Experience in Financial Management and operating and effectively controlling annual service budgets.
The salary banding for any NHS post has a clearly defined start point, and salary progression based on nationally negotiated pay scales (Agenda for Change). These bandings and pay points are widely available https://www.nhsemployers.org/pay-pensions-and-reward/agenda-for-change/pay-scales/annual
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.