Job Title: Multi-skilled Tradesperson
- Undertakes both planned and reactive duties in either Electrical, Mechanical, Energy, and Building (both internal & external) across the Trust’s built environment.
- To assist the Hospital Estates Department in the provision of an efficient and cost-effective system of maintenance, including the maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and building services, building fabric, and associated equipment, internally and externally.
- All in accordance with current legislation, standards, guidance, and good working practices.
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
Ideally holds an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent CGLI advanced craft certificate qualification) within Electrical, Mechanical, Energy, and Building.
Essential skills and competencies
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at different levels.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to work in an organised manner.
- Full understanding of relevant legislation.
- Understanding of infection control procedures.
- Understanding of personal health and safety.
- Able to work using your own initiative.
- Ability to maintain and accurately record information for Estate Records and assist in the ordering of materials.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Ability to work alone and within a team and communicate with people at all levels within the Trust and external contractors.
- Self-motivated and to organise work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be flexible and adaptable in order to meet competing priorities.
Desirable skills and competencies
Skill sets and competencies that could support the role such as experience across other professional and/or trade disciplines or skills related to hobbies and interests etc.
- Ability to support relevant Estates activities preferably with previous experience from an NHS Healthcare background.
- Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship work in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and building services, building fabric, and associated equipment.
- Working in a health care environment.