Job Title: Project Director
- To support the Director of Estates and Facilities in the leadership and direction of the Trust in the successful achievement of its Objectives
- To make a significant contribution to the creation and maintenance of an ethos and inclusive culture of high quality and continuous improvement to develop the Trust to be the major provider of acute services for the communities it serves
- To work with the Director of Estates and Facilities to create world-class buildings and facilities
- To make a significant input to all aspects of management and deployment of resources and to contribute to the development and implementation of continuous improvement in quality
- To support the development of the Trust’s estate to ensure excellence of facilities is achieved within financial constraints
- To mobilise major capital projects from feasibility through to timely completion and within budget
- To ensure all capital projects are completed to high standards using best sustainable practices whilst achieving value for money
- To plan and implement energy saving projects identified in the Trust’s Sustainable Development Management Plan
- To procure/tender consultants, contractors and services necessary to deliver capital projects in accordance with the Trust’s Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions
- To assist with bid writing and any necessary reports to secure capital funding for future projects
8d to 9
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
- MSc in Building/Project management related subject or equivalent
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body
Active and up to date CPD record.
Essential skills and competencies
- Sector driven initiatives and current thinking.
- Experience of dealing with complex property issues.
- Current Government initiatives.
- Current building regulations.
- A broad understanding of building services.
- Current CDM and Health & Safety legislation.
- Verbally and orally articulate.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Ability to create and maintain a team spirit.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective in problem solving.
- Professional credibility.
- An effective networker.
- Personal warmth, openness and sensitivity.
- Highly motivated to personal achievement.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good organisational skills and programme planning skills.
- Ability to use logic and information to achieve goals.
- Effective use of business tools and IT.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Able to plan strategically.
- Project planning skills.
- Ability to organise resources.
- Project management skills.
- Able to prioritise work to ensure achievement of goals.
- Technically competent re. land/building legislation.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Specialist knowledge on NHS Estate issues.
- Current funding methodologies.
- Understanding of HR management.
- Understanding of Environmental Management systems.
- Understanding of quality control systems.
- Ability to inspire others.
- An ability to excel in strategic planning.
- Project/Contract Management
- Delivery of large scale projects
- Experience of managing large scale projects within “live” environments
- Estates management experience.
- Planning legislation and Building control
- Ability to write specifications and undertake tender exercises
- A willingness to develop a high performance culture.
- Leadership of effective teams.
- Managing budgets effectively
- Formulating and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Managing target setting and performance review.
- Efficient and effective planning and deployment of resources.
The salary banding for any NHS post has a clearly defined start point, and salary progression based on nationally negotiated pay scales (Agenda for Change). These bandings and pay points are widely available https://www.nhsemployers.org/pay-pensions-and-reward/agenda-for-change/pay-scales/annual
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.