Sector: Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Band 8D
Job ref: 3093
Published: 2 days ago
Closing date for application is: Sunday 1st May 2022
As Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities you will be required to:
- Lead, develop and implement the Trust’s estates and facilities services to support the delivery of care and care support services across the Trust.
- Ensure a strong, positive and inclusive culture.
- Provide expert and professional advice to the Trust on all estates and facilities matters.
- Develop and implement effective and transparent processes to ensure control of financial resources and delivery of cost-efficient estates and facilities.
- Provide professional and managerial direction to the Trust’s estates and facilities teams including the development and delivery of service improvement plans.
- Develop and implement effective estates and facilities performance management processes.
- Prepare the Trust’s Estate Strategy and related sections of the Trust’s Operational Business Plan, supporting optimum use and development of the Trust’s estate.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, Contracting and Facilities, prepare and implement capital investment programmes to achieve the asset management and investment strategy of the Trust. Direct and manage all relevant capital expenditure programmes and projects.
- Achieve statutory and NHS mandatory requirements relevant to estates and facilities services, including those of the Care Quality Commission, PLACE, Security Management Services, and health technical memoranda/health building notes.
- Provide an efficient, effective and best value Procurement/Receipt and Distribution Service.
- Secure best value arrangements through NHS Property Services and Community Health Partnerships and ensure robust monitoring of contractual performance and cost efficiency.
- Develop and implement robust governance systems across the estates and facilities functions, ensuring the Trust is achieving and able to demonstrate necessary compliance.
- Work in partnership with external organisations including NHS England, NHS Improvement, the West Yorkshire and Harrogate system, Local Authorities, neighbouring Trusts, and independent healthcare providers.
This represents a really exciting opportunity for someone who has the motivation, energy and drive to work for an award winning, high quality mental health, community and learning disability services provider.