Main Purpose of Role
The role has four key areas of responsibility:
• To manage the infrastructure for the Institutes Members Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme and members professional development
• To manage the membership team, ensuring the membership and registration joining processes are rigorous and efficient
• To establish and manage the mentoring scheme
• To manage the relationships with training partners
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: membership team
Liaison with: Working closely and collaboratively with the IHEEM team, CEO, EngC, IHEEM trustees, IHEEM members and mentor volunteers, educational institutions
• Support the CEO in delivering the vision and Strategic 5 Year Plan for the Institute.
• To recruit and manage a base of industry professionals to undertake mentoring and coaching for members through their careers.
• To manage and delegate effectively to the Membership Development Officers ensuring that the membership and registration processes are efficient and effective and all delegated duties are carried out to the Institute’s standards.
• To carry out appraisals, coaching and development of direct reports, ensuring the incumbents are engaged in the work of the Institute and motivated.
Continued Professional Development training
• To manage the process of CPD recording; referred to as a competency framework; in conjunction with the membership team. Be responsible for keeping records up to date and in line with the CPD recording process.
• To promote CPD amongst our membership
• Ensure CPD recording meets with the Engineering Council’s requirements.
• Develop productive and effective relationships with IHEEM branches, working with them to roll out a programme of CPD sessions alongside their Branch meetings.
• Work with a select list of private sector companies to guide in the development of their CPD workshops, promoting the workshops to our members and actively encouraging engagement.
• To be outward-facing in terms of disseminating the importance of CPD amongst our members including promoting via attendance at Institute events.
• To provide advice and guidance to members, encouraging professional development and their links to upgrades
• Identify training gaps and support others to design and develop schemes to fulfil them, working with employers to establish industry needs
• Ensure that training objectives and priorities align with corporate goals, industry identified goals, values and drivers.
• Support the development of an End Point Assessment centre for apprenticeships and develop and support the team of reviewers
• To carryout the annual CPD sampling and compliance
• To recruit a team of industry professionals to support, coach and mentor members through their career progression.
• To support the mentor/mentee relationship and manage the infrastructure
• To provide appropriate training where required to mentors
• To ensure that all governance and professional standards are adhered to and robust arrangements are in place for auditing, reporting and review
• To behave in accordance with the company’s Values
• To maintain confidentiality and observe compliance with GDPR and DPA requirements
Outline Conditions of Employment
• Head office of IHEEM, 2 Abingdon House, Cumberland Business Centre, Fratton, Portsmouth, PO5 1DS. Hours: 0900 – 1700. This role is flexible and can be a mixture between home working and officer working.
• Salary £34,000-£36,000 payable monthly in arrears.
• Holidays 27 days per year, plus 8 public holidays (pro-rata).
• Generous Pension Scheme, Free onsite Parking
• Employee’s travel and accommodation expenses are refunded when away from the office
• Attendance at Events and Networking meetings will be required
• Occasional evening or weekend work may be required, e.g. annual conference or travel to meetings.
• Forward your CV and covering letter to: Tania Davies, Chief Operating Officer, IHEEM.
• Candidates are encouraged to forward their applications by email to email@example.com
• The closing date for the receipt of applications is 18th February 2022. Interview date to be advised to shortlisted applicants.