This City & Guilds accredited course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out the role of Competent or Skilled Person (Mechanical) and can assist in demonstrating a full understanding of company safety rules and procedures during formal assessment. Many organisations have adopted JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4 (or parts thereof) as the basis for a Safe System of Work as applied to mechanical systems. For practicable commonality this course is based on the content of this document together with HSG 253 Safe Isolation of Equipment.
We also offer this course as a online remote training course.
Who is this course for?
This is aimed at mechanical staff with responsibility for the operation or maintenance of installed mechanical plant and who may be nominated as a Competent or Skilled Person within their organisation.
- Technical overview of mechanical systems components
- Requirements of Pressure Systems Safety Regulations
- Safe system of work associated with mechanical systems
- Receipt of safety documentation
- Practical exercises in the isolation of mechanical equipment
This course is run over 2 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided