This City & Guilds training course will allow you to take advantage of the surge of interest in the domestic and commercial electric vehicle market. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to install dwelling and on street charging points.
Who is the course aimed at?
This is aimed at qualified electricians who wish to include the installation of electrical vehicle charging equipment as part of their work. Delegates should have already completed an 18th Edition Course, and be familiar with the IET Code of Practice. We also strongly recommend having practical experience of inspection and testing prior to attending this course.
Key Learning Objectives
- Introduction, BS7671 section 722 and the IET Code of Practice
- Modes of charging, Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) and DNO restrictions
- Installation practices, risk assessment, earthing, protection, labelling and practical exercises
- On-street, commercial and industrial situations
- Inspection and commissioning
- Certification and notification to DNO
This course is run over 2 days.
Certificate – A copy of your 18th Edition Wiring Regulations certificate, Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID Card, Trade Union Card, Proof of Age Card
18th Edition Wiring Regulations
Experience as a practising Electrician