The course is written to provide a basic knowledge and understanding of the major parts of BS5839 Part 1, covering the requirements for fire alarm and detection systems in commercial installations.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is designed for any electrician who has a responsibility for installation or maintenance of Commercial Fire Alarm and Detection Systems and provides an in-depth introduction. The course concludes with a written examination.
Key Learning Objectives
- The legal requirements for fire alarm and detection system
- The necessity for Fire Risk Assessment
- Basic design requirements for fire alarm and detection System, detailing grades and categories
- Components and equipment options, necessary for fire alarm and detection system
- Installation requirements for components and equipment
- Cross-over between BS5839 Part 1 and Part 6
- Necessary testing, maintenance and reporting procedures
York, Slough and On-site
This course is run over 1 days.
Everything is provided for the course duration
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role