Our most in-depth training, this 3-day course will benefit delegates who have some understanding of Legionella management in healthcare building water systems. It is for those who are to be appointed as a Responsible Person or Competent Person and provides delegates with an in-depth knowledge about the Legionella bacteria and the skills to manage Legionella risk.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Be aware of the medical aspects, occurrence, ecology and transmission.
- Understand the legal requirements and other guidance.
- Identify areas of concern in building water systems.
- Manage the risks of Legionella contamination.
- Identify types of disinfection and how to apply them.
- Sample and test water for microbial contamination.
- Describe a risk assessment and logbook and know how to record relevant information.
- Identify and evaluate risk areas in relation to water safety.
- Describe the format and layout of Legionella risk assessments.
- Define the responsibilities of the responsible people.
- Implement the legal requirements of the responsible people.
- Manage the risks using competent personnel.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the system records.
- Assess sampling and record keeping procedures.
‘A very good course to identify best practice and standards necessary to achieve compliance with legal requirements’Chief Engineer
£525+VAT per person
At your site
For further information on the suitability of the course or to book, please contact us via the form below