This course is designed for staff who may be appointed to carry out Legionella Risk Assessments in healthcare building water systems.
It will provide delegates with in-depth knowledge about the Legionella bacteria, legislative requirements, hot and cold-water systems, spa pools, cooling systems, disinfection, sampling and the production of risk assessment reports.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Be aware of the medical aspects, occurrence, ecology and transmission.
- Understand the legal requirements and guidance.
- Identify areas of concern in building water systems.
- Manage the risks of Legionella contamination.
- Identify types of disinfection and how to apply them.
- Sample and test water for microbial contamination.
- Describe a risk assessment and logbook and know how to record relevant information.
- Identify and evaluate risk areas in relation to water safety.
- Describe the format and layout of Legionella risk assessments.
‘The tutor was excellent, involving all the group.’Building Surveyor
£365+VAT per person
At your site
For further information on the suitability of the course or to book, please contact us via the form below