This course is designed for all staff involved with patient safety (specifically estates and facilities) and infection prevention and control teams, focusing on specific measures to control/minimise the risk of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It will provide knowledge of Pseudomonas bacteria and how to apply that information in managing Pseudomonas risk in healthcare facilities.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Be aware of the history, medical aspects, occurrence, ecology and transmission.
- Be mindful of what Pseudomonas bacteria need to grow and where they thrive.
- Understand the legal requirements and other guidance.
- Identify areas of concern in building water systems.
- Manage the risks of Pseudomonas contamination.
‘The course has given me much more insight and information to enable me to do my job.’Infection Control Officer
£190+VAT per person
At your site
For further information on the suitability of the course or to book, please contact us via the form below