This City & Guilds accredited course will provide you with knowledge of how to assess the risk of being exposed to the legionella bacteria in water systems, including how to document the findings. Delegates will ideally have a prior knowledge of water systems.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been developed for those who would like to become legionella risk assessors, or who need an understanding of how to carry out risk assessments on water systems.
Key Learning Objectives
- The legionellosis disease
- Risk assessment in relation to the ACOP L8 and BS8580
- How to identifiy susceptible areas in high risk water systems, in particular hot and cold water systems and evaporative cooling systems.
- Modification of water systems to eliminate/reduce the risk of legionellosis
- Written scheme requirements in accordance with ACOP L8 and BS8580
- How to sample water and required actions if bacteria is identified
- Risk assessment documentation
York, Slough, Livingston and On-site
This course is run over 3 days.
You will require a digital camera for use on this course (camera phones are allowed)