This course is designed for staff who may be appointed as a Responsible or Competent Person and who have existing practical experience.
It provides healthcare delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to manage Legionella and the staff employed to monitor their building water systems. It has particular benefit for those who have experience and previous appropriate training but who wish to develop the managerial aspects of the Responsible Person’s role.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Be concious of the medical aspects, occurrence, ecology and transmission
- Recognise areas of concern in building water systems where Legionella bacteria can thrive.
- Describe the responsibilities of the responsible people.
- Implement the legal requirements of the responsible people.
- Manage the risks using competent personnel.
- Assess the efficiency of the system records.
- Assess sampling and record keeping procedures.
‘Excellent course, clearly laying out the risks and demands of my role’Engineering Manager
At your site
For further information on the suitability of the course or to book, please contact us via the form below