All healthcare staff who work with water are required to undergo water hygiene training. This course is for those accountable for developing/implementing water hygiene strategy and procedures, and to educate staff responsible for housekeeping tasks such as outlet flushing and the cleaning of wash-hand basins. The training will provide an overall appreciation of the practices affecting water hygiene and safety.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the medical aspects, occurrence, ecology and transmission of waterborne pathogens.
- Identify areas of concern in healthcare building water systems.
- Be aware of how healthcare organisations should manage and monitor its activities to ensure compliance and the safety of patients.
- Appreciate how to maintain safe water.
- Understand how to reduce the risks and manage waterborne pathogen contamination.
‘I feel the course has provided me with the knowledge and confidence to put systems in place for the control of Legionella’Hygiene Manager
£190+VAT per person
At your site
For further information on the suitability of the course or to book, please contact us via the form below