Gain an understanding of why water systems require close monitoring, forming the Water Hygiene Written Scheme of control for your site/building with our 1-day theory and practical based training course.
This course will provide you with the knowledge to perform water system tasks in a safe and effective
manner. This course is designed to align with statutory requirements, such as the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP L8) and HSG274 part 2.
Who is the course aimed at?
Our course will support those working within maintenance, technician, building caretaker and operator roles. It is also suitable for those who carry out temperature monitoring, water sampling, shower head cleaning, flushing and inspections of hot and cold water services as part of the Written Scheme of Control. This course can also be beneficial to managers and supervisors for
an insight into these water safety tasks.
Key Learning Objectives
- Background on the hazards and health risks which are associated with hot and cold water systems
- Statute and regulatory requirements
- Requirements of the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP L8) Control of Legionella bacteria in water systems
- Monitoring and inspection requirements of hot and cold water services as per HSG274 part 2
- Showerhead descaling and cleaning requirements
- Water sampling protocols and procedures
- Record keeping logbooks
- Practical demonstrations
- Written assessment
This course is run over 1 day.