The Institute of Healthcare Engineering & Estates Management (IHEEM) is a professional membership organisation specialising in the Healthcare Estates Sector. We are licenced by the Engineering Council to support individuals achieving CEng, IEng or EngTech status. As the largest UK professional body dedicated to research, education and the professional development of healthcare engineers and facilities managers, its primary purpose is to serve its members by continuously improving and developing the Institute’s offer.
The 5 Year Plan aims to set out a series of tangible core objectives and deliverables that will ensure IHEEM members have the capability and support to deliver a healthcare estates environment that is safe, efficient and effective for patients, staff and visitors as well as ensuring the long-term viability of the Institute.
To continuously improve and develop the Institute its services and the benefits we offer to ensure our members have the capability to deliver a healthcare estates environment that is safe, efficient and effective for patients, staff and visitors.
Underpinning our vision is OUR PURPOSE to ensure all that we do:
- Actively support our members
- Aligns with and complements our founding principles
- Keeps us looking forward
- Serving our Membership
- Developing Future Leaders
- Supporting existing partner organisation
- Engaging with new partner organisations
- Strengthening our national and international profile
- Automated CPD recording & logging
- Accessible and affordable CPD
- Mentoring and coaching career support
- Professional support to achieve accreditation through the ‘non-standard’ route
- Workshops for new technical guidance
- Best practice guidance for practitioners prepared by our Technical Platforms
- Support the development of an NHS national apprenticeship scheme
- NHS Apprentices bursary funding
- Networking with industry professionals