A Healthcare Engineering Roadmap for Delivering Net Zero Carbon
We are delighted to announce that as the leading professional body and in conjunction with the Carbon Energy Fund and HEFMA we are organising 3 webinars on Wednesday 14th April to discuss the updated version of ‘A Healthcare Engineering Roadmap for Delivering Net Zero’ document.
The objective of the day is to announce that IHEEM and HEFMA, in partnership with the Carbon and Energy Fund, have commissioned a guide to assist Trusts to meet the Net Zero carbon targets set out in the NHS strategy “Delivering a ‘Net Zero’ National Health Service”. This guide builds on previous work and sets out a clear three-staged approach to decarbonising NHS Estates. It has been developed and reviewed by experts from across industry and the NHS. It draws on real NHS project experience as well as reviewing emerging and future technologies and explores how Trusts can develop strategies that decarbonise now whilst simultaneously preparing for future innovation.
The webinar will be held virtually on the GoToWebinar platform and is free to attend. However, you will need to register for each individual session.
– Dame Sue Ion, DBE FRS FREng FIMMM, Fellow of The Royal Society
– Nick Starkey, Director of Policy, Royal Academy of Engineering
Chaired by Pete Sellars, IHEEM CEO
13:00-14:30 GMT ‘Introducing a Healthcare Engineering Roadmap for delivering Net Zero Carbon’
– Stephen Lowndes, Technical Director, CEF
– Steven Heape, Technical Adviser / Project Manager, CEF
– Guy Kieser, Associate Director of Estates, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
Chaired by Jonathan Stewart, National Chair, HEFMA
15:00-16:30 GMT ‘Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, a Practical Example of Progressive Decarbonisation’
– Jon Gwynn, Project Manager, CEF
– Andrew Chatten, Director of Estates, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
– Jo Mills, Director of Programmes, Salix Finance
Chaired by Paul Fenton, President, IHEEM & Director of Estates & Facilities, East Suffolk & North Essex NHS FT