This course is designed for suitably qualified Authorised Persons who seek re-appointment as Authorised Person High Voltage (HVAP).
Delegates will be refreshed on the essential knowledge to enable them to continue to carry out Authorised Person (HVAP) duties and maintain compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and HTM 06-03.
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• HTM 06-03 Safety Rules and Procedures.
• High Voltage (HV) equipment including Switchgear and Transformers.
• Substation operation and maintenance.
• High Voltage (HV) Distribution Systems, ring and radial system operation.
• Completion of records and documentation, including:
o Permits to Work,
o Sanctions for Test,
o Limitations of Access.
• Identification and location of cables.
• Testing/commissioning of High Voltage (HV) Electrical distribution equipment.
• Authorised Person (AP) roles and responsibilities, and safe working procedures.
The course concludes with a personal assessment from which training consultants will produce an individual pathway to help in retaining of Authorised Person (AP) Authorisation. The pathway document will be sent to the delegate’s Authorising Engineer (AE).
Benefits of the course
• Legislative compliance and understanding.
• Improved communication, documentation and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What do I need to bring to the course?
A comprehensive set of handouts will be issued during the course. It may be beneficial to bring a copy of the HTM 06-03.
Duration of the course?
This is a three-day course designed to be delivered virtually using Microsoft Teams software with a maximum of eight delegates.
If you have any questions or queries please contact email@example.com