Job Title: Estates CAD Technician
- Working within the Estates & Facilities Department, you will be part of the team responsible for the delivery of a range of comprehensive projects service across the Trust’s estates, which will be responsive, efficient, financially effective and to a high standard.
- You will assist the Capital Planning and Projects Manager and Estates Projects officers in ensuring that the Trust’s estate is managed safely and cost effectively.
- You will ensure that the Trust’s CAD drawings are available and up to date, and ‘as built’ and ‘as installed’ drawings are obtained for all new construction projects.
- Also facilitating in maintaining the feedback of capital project information into the maintenance records.
4 or 5
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
- BTEC HNC or Diploma in Computer Aided Design.
- BCS Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (ECDL CAD) Level 2
Essential skills and competencies
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to co-ordinate and project plan work of self and others involved in projects.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates significant construction/surveying experience within a large and complex estate.
- Experience of manipulating and modifying CAD drawings
- Computer literate e.g. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Project
The salary banding for any NHS post has a clearly defined start point, and salary progression based on nationally negotiated pay scales (Agenda for Change). These bandings and pay points are widely available https://www.nhsemployers.org/pay-pensions-and-reward/agenda-for-change/pay-scales/annual
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.