Job Title: Estates Manager
- As an experienced Estates Manager, you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of the Estates maintenance service and will have managerial, professional and technical responsibility for the operational estates’ services provided.
- You will lead the Estates maintenance team and will assist the Head of Estates with the management of the Estates Hard FM infrastructure and the wider Estates function, to provide a high quality, proactive and responsive maintenance and repair service for the Trust.
- You will ensure that the environment including all buildings and facilities are compliant, safe and fit for purpose, for patients and staff including relatives and visitors.
- You will ensure compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, and associated Statutory Regulations that are applicable to the position, with suitable training and support. In addition, you will act as an Authorised/Responsible Person for a number of specialised building and engineering services, such as Water Safety, Ventilation and Medical Gases.
7 to 8a
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
- Degree level or equivalent in a Services trade (mechanical or electrical engineering) including Specialist knowledge gained through extensive relevant experience in hospital Estates environment, short courses and/or periods of study and significant previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Multi-discipline Authorised person
- Authorised Person (Water Hygiene) or relevant experience to take on the role.
Essential skills and competencies
- Demonstrate ability in the management of contractors and sub-contractors, Architects and design engineers.
- Able to carry out condition appraisals on maintenance and investigative work to the highest level.
- Excellent Management Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard IT packages for Word
- Processing and Spreadsheets, and complex CAD software and
- Project Management software etc.
This role is ideally suited towards a mechanical bias background but could also be suitable for electrical bias with relevant experience or ability and willingness to take on Water Safety AP duties amongst others.
- A minimum of 5 years experiences managing a multi-disciplinary maintenance workforce ideally within the NHS.
- Specialist experience in complex modern building and engineering construction techniques and methods
- Extensive experience in a healthcare environment.
- Familiar with Health Service Building and Engineering procedures such as HTM’s and HBN’s.
The salary banding for any NHS post has a clearly defined start point, and salary progression based on nationally negotiated pay scales (Agenda for Change). These bandings and pay points are widely available https://www.nhsemployers.org/pay-pensions-and-reward/agenda-for-change/pay-scales/annual
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.