Job Title: Gardener
- To ensure the grounds and gardens at Trust premises are maintained to a high standard.
- Provide all areas of care for plants and shrubs including trees in a competent manner with the ability to dig, fork, hoe and plant.
- Carry out basic maintenance of hand and mechanical tools/machinery e.g. cleaning and lubricating.
- Use tractor and mower or trailer for grass cutting and the transporting of materials and equipment.
- Carry out cleaning of ice/snow during periods of inclement weather and be part of a call-out team when required.
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
- General education
- Basic principles of horticulture
- Duke of Edinburgh or similar award scheme
Essential skills and competencies
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Knowledge of risk assessments
- Use of Horticultural machinery
Desirable skills and competencies
- Committed to Health & Safety
- Team player
- A quality approach to work
- Good communicator
- Work of outdoor nature, (Horticultural or Rural)
- Part-time employment or voluntary work (Horticultural or Rural)