Job Title: Laundry Operative
Reporting to the Laundry Supervisor, the post holder will contribute to the provision of an efficient laundry and linen service. The post holder will operate laundry machinery and clean laundry pieces to a high standard in accordance with NHS and control of Infection standards. When required, the post holder will drive a Trust vehicle to undertake the safe and efficient delivery and collection of items to and from customers. Self-motivated, reliable, fit and active – capable of intense periods of physical work.
- To check and record that all incoming linen corresponds with the contractors delivery notes.
- To sub-sort, the linen according to the packing list and load it on to trolleys/cages
- Rigid stock control ensures that all wards/departments/users receive the optimum levels of linen at the appropriate time.
- To assist in the monitoring and audit process to ensure that the Trust receives the quality standards as specified by the contract.
- Observations of safety regulations and good work practices.
To be aware of the Trust’s commitments to a smoke-free environment.
£18K to £19k
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
Secondary education (or equivalent)
Linen Distribution Procedures
Sound knowledge and application to own area of work of the following:-
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- Infection Control
Essential skills and competencies
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety, ability to understand and adhere to standards and procedures
- Good oral communication skills
- Good Numeracy skills
- Ability to record information accurately
- Check the quality of linen against set standards
Desirable skills and competencies
- Current UK driving licence, manual handling, ability to prioritise.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Recording data / figures
- Working in a production environment
- Operating laundry machinery
- Working in linen distribution
The agreed starting point for any post is at the bottom of the pay scale with annual progression until the top of the pay scale is reached. Candidates should expect to start on the bottom of the pay scale for the role they are considering unless they have previous directly related NHS experience in a similar role.