Job Title: Tradesperson
To assist the Hospital Estates Department in the provision of an efficient and cost-effective system of maintenance, including the maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and building services, building fabric, and associated equipment, internally and externally. All in accordance with current legislation, standards, guidance, and good working practices.
3 or 4
Formal Qualifications, education & training required
Ideally holds an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent CGLI advanced craft certificate qualification) within Electrical, Mechanical, Energy, and Building.
Essential skills and competencies
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at different levels.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to work in an organised manner.
- Full understanding of relevant legislation.
- Understanding of infection control procedures.
- Understanding of personal health and safety.
Desirable skills and competencies
Skill sets and competencies that could support the role such as experience across other professional and/or trade disciplines or skills related to hobbies and interests etc.
- Ability to support relevant Estates activities preferably with previous experience from an NHS Healthcare background.
- Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship work in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and building services, building fabric, and associated equipment.
- Working in a health care environment.