This City & Guilds course will enable you to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition known as BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at those involved with the design, installation or testing of electrical installations in accordance with the 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations.
Key Learning Objectives
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:2018
- Electrical definitions Assessment of general characteristics
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Electrical inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
- Assessment includes a two-hour online multiple-choice exam
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against fire – installation of arc fault detection devices (AFDDs)
- Protection against transient overvoltage
Falkirk, Slough, York
This course is run over 3 days.
Books / Manuals – You are permitted to bring the following book into the exam: IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS7671:2018) Blue Book (we can provide working copies for use during the course), Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID