Where applicable this course follows the advice given in the Safe Work in Confined Spaces; Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, Approved Code of Practice, Regulations and Guidance L101, JSP375 Volume 3 Chapter 6 and Procedures for Confined Spaces.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those who have previously been trained and appointed as an Authorised Person (Confined Spaces) and has or currently has responsibilities to implement, manage and control all aspects of confined space operations, ensuring that a safe system of work is in place prior to any confined space.
- The current health and safety legislation in respect to confined spaces
- Hazards and risks associated with confined spaces and implementation of appropriate control measures
- Categories of confined spaces, records and registers
- Safe systems of work associated with confined space entry and complete safety documentation including Permits to Work
- The minimum safety equipment requirements and procedures to be utilised for safe entry and egress
- The responsibilities for individuals within the work team, training and fitness requirements
- Activities are permitted
This course is run over 3 days.
Self-certification for entry into confined spaces and wearing breathing apparatus will need to be completed on the course, You will require PPE including boots, overalls and hard hat