This City & Guilds accredited course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. The course is based on the specific requirements of Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 06-02 Electrical Safety Guidance for Low Voltage Systems. Please note we have the ability to offer this course on-site at client premises and on a bespoke basis.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with the responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed low voltage systems within healthcare environments and also those who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical Low Voltage).
Key Learning Objectives
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Working procedures to HTM 06-02
- Low voltage equipment including switchgear and protective devices
- Appointment and auditing procedures
- Requirements of BS7671 with regards to Health Technical Memorandum (HTM)
- Roles and duties of personnel
- Safe isolation of standby power supplies and equipment
- Monitoring and control of work undertaken by contractors
- Completion of logbooks and associated documentation
York, Slough, Livingston and On-site
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role