This City & Guilds Accredited course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out Authorised Person duties and responsibilities in order to achieve compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and implement mandatory standards or company safety rules. Please note we have the ability to offer this course on-site at your premises and on a bespoke basis
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at experienced engineering staff with responsibility for the control, operation or maintenance of installed high voltage systems and who may be appointed as Authorised Person (Electrical High Voltage). This course may also be used as an Authorised Person refresher course for the commercial sector. For those working to the HTM structure, you will require the Authorised Person High Voltage – HTM 06-03 course. For those working to JSP 375 Vol 3, you will require the Authorised Person High Voltage MOD Sectors course.
Key Learning Objectives
– Introduction to high voltage distribution systems
– High voltage switchgear types and operation
– Substation equipment
– Low voltage distribution systems
– Requirements for the safe operation of high voltage systems
– Roles and duties of the Authorised Person
– Safe working procedures, HSG 85 or company safety rules
– Completion of safety documentation
– Operation and isolation of high voltage systems
– Introduction to protection systems
– Maintenance procedures regarding high voltage assets
York, Slough and On-site
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role