This course is designed for Authorised Persons who, as part of their duties, are responsible for the High Voltage system and have contracted out the operation and maintenance to a third party but still have access to and are required to enter High Voltage Substations or Switchrooms.
The course highlights the hazards within substations and the precautions to be taken before and after entry.
• Voltages in common use.
• Effects of current on the body.
• Electrical distribution from Power Station to wall socket.
• Primary and secondary substation
• High Voltage (HV) equipment: Switchgear, Transformers, basic protection and Substation operation.
• Authorised Person (AP) roles and responsibilities, and safe working procedures.
• Issue and acceptance of a limitations of access.
• Precautions to be taken with equipment containing Sulphur Hexafluoride.
• Use of senses.
• Risk Assessment prior to entry.
The course concludes with a multiple-choice question paper, with the results made available to the delegate’s manager.
Benefits of the Course
• Legislative compliance and understanding.
• Compliance with HTM 06-03
• Informs delegates of the dangers of working within a substation.
What do I need to bring to the course?
Nothing as a comprehensive set of hand outs will be issued during the course.
Duration of the course:
This is a two-day course is delivered via Microsoft Teams with a maximum of twelve delegates.
If you have any questions or queries please contact email@example.com