Is this course for you?
This course is for Authorised Persons (HV) working within the commercial sector who have successfully completed a full AP high voltage electrical course and who require an update.
The course builds upon previous training experience and updates you with recent changes in the field and current case studies. Prior knowledge and training is essential.
To refresh the skills and knowledge of existing Authorised Persons (HV) on high voltage electrical systems and the dangers that these present.
To provide learners with the knowledge to continue issuing safety documentation in compliance with current HSE legislation and a generic set of commercial safety rules.
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by a set of generic commercial safety rules and procedures
- Issue and cancel a Permit to Work / Sanction to Test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm HV cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records & documentation
- Operate and maintain HV switchgear
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.