Is this course for you?
This course is for electrical engineering staff working in the healthcare environment and in accordance with HTM 06-03, nominated to the role of Authorised Person (HV).
Learners must have a firm understanding of basic electrical principles and theory prior to attending this course.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work safely on high voltage electrical systems and understand the dangers that these present.
To enable learners to issue safety documentation in compliance with HTM 06-03 and current HSE legislation.
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by a set of generic commercial safety rules and procedures
- Issue and cancel all safety documents
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm HV cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV switchgear
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price, payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us.