Is this course for you?
This course is for Authorised Persons working with high and low voltage distribution equipment on MOD estates who require an update.
How often should I complete this refresher training?
Authorised Persons (Electrical) should complete refresher training at regular intervals – every three years.
To refresh the skills and knowledge of existing Authorised Person (HV) on high voltage electrical systems and the dangers that these present.
To provide learners with the knowledge to continue issuing safety documentation in compliance with JSP 375 Volume 3, Chapter 3 and current HSE legislation.
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV/LV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by JSP 375 Volume Chapter 3
- Issue and cancel a permit to work/sanction to test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV/LV switchgear
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.