Is this course for you?
This course is for engineering staff working with high and low voltage distribution equipment on MOD estates who have been nominated to the role of Authorised Person.
To enable learners to apply the relevant statutory instruments and guidance whilst carrying out the duties of the Authorised Person, Responsible Person, Nominated Person or Competent Person when working with HV and LV electrical systems in MOD establishments.
- Understand statutory safety regulations relating to HV/LV safe working practices
- Follow procedures defined by JSP 375 Volume Chapter 3
- Issue and cancel a permit to work/sanction to test
- Perform cable location and identification
- Carry out HV pressure testing of cables and vacuum circuit breakers
- Safely confirm cables dead using a cable spiking gun
- Understand and operate HV protection systems
- Practically carry out earthing of switchgear and cables
- Carry out live HV phasing
- Complete operating records and documentation
- Operate and maintain HV/LV switchgear
- Describe the typical components and their function within a typical low voltage distribution system and how safe working is achieved in various parts of the distribution
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.