Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at estates and facilities managers, lift installers, servicing and maintenance contractors & engineering consultants with a responsibility as an Authorised Person for lifts within the healthcare environment.
To provide learners working with lifts in the healthcare sector with a thorough understanding of current legislation, regulations, roles and responsibilities and who should undertake these.
In addition, the course covers the inspections and examinations required for lifts. This includes the safety examinations required of electrical and mechanical items.
The course covers electric traction (including MRLs) and hydraulic lift installations. It is based around current legislation including the Lift Regulations 2016, PUWER, LOLER, British Standards, SAFED guidance notes, HTM 08-02 and other relevant current legislation including European and British Standards
Throughout this course the emphasis is on carrying out duties in a safe and responsible manner.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance.
- Discuss the safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift installations.
- Identify and control the safety hazards encountered in the lift installation according to current regulations.
- Define the roles and responsibilities and the healthcare requirements in accordance with HTM 08-02.
- Define the term competent person in accordance with LOLER.
- Carry out a lift inspection on a lift installation in accordance with LOLER.
- Safely release a trapped lift passenger in accordance with current best practice.
- Complete the project work to the required course standard.
- Complete the written assessment to the required course standard
The course combines formal classroom instruction with individual practice of the procedure and a written test. Due to the practical nature of the course, learners should bring a pair of overalls.
We suggest that refresher training is undertaken every 3 years.
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. Decontamination, Electrical, Medical Gases, HVAC | Eastwood Park Training
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information