Is this course for you?
This course is aimed for electrically experienced technicians and engineers, who are working towards being considered for appointment as an Authorised Person (LV) in accordance with the formal appointment process in the HTM 06-02.
To identify and develop the knowledge and skills required for those who have been proposed as Authorised Persons (LV), to be able to carry out their duties safely and competently as an Authorised Person (LV) in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and HTM 06-02.
- State the dangers associated with electricity
- State other working documents relevant to HTM 06-02 and the role of the Authorised Person (LV)
- Describe the roles and duties of the Authorised Person (LV)
- Describe typical components and their function within a typical low voltage distribution system
- State the safe working procedures required for both dead and live work in accordance with HTM 06-02
- State the different types of circuit protective devices used in low voltage distribution systems and compare their characteristics
- Describe the precautions necessary for work on generating plant and uninterruptable power supplies
- State the requirements of HTM 06-02 for the appointment of Competent Persons (LV) including contractors for which the Authorised Person (LV) has responsibility
- Describe how electrical safety work should be monitored
- Identify the correct safety documentation to be utilised for a variety of practical applications when working on low voltage systems
- Complete safety documentation as part of planned safety work in accordance with the requirements of HTM 06-02 for a variety of practical applications
- State the requirements and reasons for the inspection and testing of electrical installations
The guidance covered on this course is Health Technical Memorandum 06-02: Electrical safety guidance for low voltage systems. We recommend that you bring your own copy so that you can make notes.
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.