This City & Guilds accredited course provides you with a detailed overview and understanding of HTM 02-01. Attending this course enables you, as a prospective AP (MGPS), to carry out your duties effectively and compliantly with respect to medical gas systems. This will also cover your ability to react correctly to emergency situations.
During the course, you will take a number of written assessments and a multiple-choice examination. Upon successful completion, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for healthcare/estates officers and other personnel, who are looking to be appointed as an Authorised Person (MGPS) and require a detailed level of understanding that ensures they have the knowledge and competence to manage a medical gas system safely to compliance.
This course is also suitable for those that have had minimal contact with medical gases since their previous training.
Key Learning Objectives
– Understanding of the HTM 02-01 and its structure purpose
– Statutory requirements
– Characteristics and safety requirements of medical gases
– Storage and management of medical gas cylinders
– Correct use and management of the medical gas permit to work system
– Management and assessment of the Competent Persons and medical gas contractors
– Safe management of the medical gas plant and distributional pipework systems
– Design overview and installation practices of medical gas systems
– Risk assessments of method statements
– Overview of an Operational Policy and Safe Operating Procedures
– Requirements of the Medical Gas Group
– Management of documentation
– Compliant management of medical gas maintenance
– The provision of emergency supplies
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided.
Copy HTM 02-01 Part A and B, Emergency Procedures, Medical Gas System Drawings (if available), Trust Medical Gas Policy.