Course Code : APMGPSR
This City & Guilds accredited course is a condensed version of our full Authorised Person medical gas pipeline systems course. Attending this course enables you, as a prospective AP (MGPS), to carry out your duties effectively and compliantly with respect to medical gas systems. This will also cover your ability to react correctly to emergency situations. During the course, you will take a number of written assessments and a multiple choice examination. Upon successful completion, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for Authorised Persons (MGPS) who are currently an AP within a healthcare facility and have been for a minimum of three years. This course is an intensive course suitable for those, who along with taking the role and responsibility, have a good knowledge of their system, the requirements and general principles of pipeline systems. For APs that have infrequent contact with medical gas pipeline systems, we recommend our full 5 day course.
For APs that have infrequent contact with medical gas pipeline systems, we recommend our full 5-day course.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understanding of the HTM 02-01 and its structure and purpose
- Statutory requirements
- Characteristics and safety requirements of medical gases
- Storage and management of medical gas cylinders
- Correct use and management of the medical gas permit to work system
- Management and assessment of the Competent Persons and medical gas contractors
- Safe management of the medical gas plant and distributional pipework systems
- Design overview and installation practices of medical gas systems
- Validation and verification of medical gases
- Overview of an Operational Policy and Safe Operating Procedures
- Requirements of the Medical Gas Group
- Management of documentation
- Compliant management of medical gas maintenance
- The provision of emergency supplies
- Risk assessments and method statements
York, Slough and On-site
This is 3 Day Course