Is this course for you?
This course is for those taking on the role of Authorised Person (MGPS), with responsibility for the safe operation, installation and maintenance of medical gas pipeline systems.
The course is for those with little or no prior knowledge of medical gas pipeline systems and includes a significant proportion of practical work. Theory alongside practical teaching is a fundamental part of the course, including the setting up, operation and modification of the live medical gas system at Eastwood Park.
For those with a reasonably significant technical or managerial MGPS background i.e. likely to have completed a Competent Person MGPS course and have worked with medical gas systems, then our 5-day Authorised Person intensive (MGAPi) course may be more suitable.
Learners will develop the practical skills and knowledge required for the safe set up, operation and modification of medical gas systems to HTM 02.
- Define and demonstrate the engineering tests relevant to the commissioning and refurbishing of medical gas pipeline systems
- Demonstrate the operation of the ‘Permit to Work’ system on a live medical gas pipeline systems by performing all duties of an Authorised Person as defined in HTM 02
- Describe and apply all relevant safety procedures when working on medical gas pipeline systems and identify potentially hazardous practices and situations
- Apply the principles and algorithms in current guidance to the design of medical gas pipeline systems, carry out design load calculations and pipe sizing calculations
- Assess medical gas pipeline systems for compliance with current standards
- List the sections and contents of an MGPS policy
- Detail the operational parameters of medical gas systems and be able to set up medical gas systems to operate to the correct parameters
- Describe the operational checks required in HTM 02 for medical gas systems and carry out these checks as required
HTM 02 recommends Authorised Person refresher training every three years:
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website our website https://www.eastwoodparktraining.co.uk/courses/
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
NOTES : Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us