This 5 day City & Guilds accredited Authorised Person Ventilation course has been developed to provide the necessary information to understand the core duties and responsibilities of the nominated Authorised Person (Ventilation) as detailed within HTM 03-01 and other associated guidance. The course will provide comprehensive guidance on the legal requirements, design implications, maintenance and operation of specialist ventilation in all types of healthcare premises. It will also cover the inspection and verification requirements together with the compulsory measurements of actual performance to ensure the system achieves minimum standards specific to the application, it is operating to an acceptable performance level and remains fit for purpose.
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for healthcare managers, design engineers, estates and operations managers, technical staff and consultants who require an understanding of how to manage specialised ventilation systems in healthcare premises.
- Understand the standards of design & installation of ventilation systems
- Identify the principal Health & Safety issues associated with ventilation systems of all types installed in hospital premises
- Legislation applicable to ventilation systems
- List statutory comfort standards requirements & sources of Department of Health & industry guidance
- Identify the need for and probable location of smoke & fire dampers, function, pressure stabilisation methods
- Understand the function of a Vapour Compression Refrigeration system, and its relationship to an Air Conditioning system
- Understand the function of system heat exchangers, types of cooling & heating battery coils, verification of performance
- Understand the need for humidification & dehumidification, types of humidifiers – typical problems associated with humidifiers and how to overcome them
- Anti-Legionella precautions within ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Understand the principles of psychrometry and its use for the resolution of operational problems
- Carry out Air Handling Unit inspection audits and identify construction and maintenance issues
- Verify critical system airflow and pressures use appropriate instruments and calculations using criteria for determining the appropriate ventilation rates
- Carry out the necessary steps required for a Safe System of Work
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Background knowledge or experience working with ventilation systems