This course has been developed to provide the necessary information to understand the core duties and responsibilities of the Authorised Person following HTM 03-01 and other associated guidance. The course provides guidance on the legal requirements, design implications, maintenance and operation of ventilation within healthcare premises. It will also cover the inspection and verification requirements as well as the compulsory measurements of performance to ensure the system achieves minimum standards and operates to an acceptable performance level and remains fit for purpose.
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for healthcare managers, design engineers, estates and operations managers, technical staff and consultants who require an understanding of how to manage specialised ventilation systems in healthcare premises.
- Understand the standards of design & installation of ventilation systems
- Principal Health & Safety issues associated with ventilation systems of all types installed in hospital premises
- Legislation applicable to ventilation systems
- List statutory comfort standards requirements & sources of Department of Health & industry guidance
- Need for the and location of smoke & fire dampers, function, pressure stabilisation methods
- Vapour Compression Refrigeration system, and its relationship to an Air Conditioning
- Understand the function of and maintenance requirements of system heat exchangers
- Humidification & dehumidification, explain its use within NHS
- What precautions should be in place in NHS ventilation and air conditioning system control Legionella
- Principles of psychrometry and its use for explaining ventilation processes
- Inspection and verification of critical ventilation system. Plus, practical application
- Instrument used to collate information from the ventilation system and their practical use
- Safe System of Work and the NHS rist assessment process model
York, Slough and On-site
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Background knowledge or experience working with ventilation systems