This course has been developed to provide the necessary information to refresh the duties and responsibilities of the Authorised Person as detailed within HTM 03-01 and other associated guidance. The course covers the legal requirements, design implications, maintenance and operation of specialist ventilation within healthcare premises. It will also cover the inspection and verification requirements together with the compulsory measurements of performance to ensure the system achieves minimum standards, operating to an acceptable performance level and remains fit for purpose.
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for existing Authorised Persons Ventilation, who require an understanding of how to manage specialised ventilation systems in healthcare premises to become eligible for reappointment.
- Understand the standards of design & installation of ventilation systems
- Principal Health& Safety issued associated with vent system within hospital premises
- Legislation applicable to ventilation systems
- Need for and location of smoke &fire dampers and the function of pressure stabilisation methods
- Identify the need for and probable location of smoke & fire dampers, function, pressure stabilisation methods
- Understand the function of and maintenance requirements of system heat exchangers
- Humidification and de-humidification, explain its use within NHS
- What precautions should be in place in NHS ventilation and air conditioning system of control Legionella
- Principles of psychrometry and its use for explaining ventilation processes
- Inspection and verification of critical ventilation system
- Instruments used to collate information from the ventilation systems
York, Slough and On-site
This course is run over 3 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided