Is this course for you?
The course is ideally suited to those with some knowledge of instrumentation but lacking experience with biomedical systems. Learners will gain confidence in working with biomedical equipment by carrying out structured, practical assignments on equipment covered during the course.
To provide learners with a good understanding of biomedical equipment principles, applications and maintenance procedures.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of operation of a wide range of biomedical equipment.
- Understand the principles of operation of biomedical equipment with reference to human physiology
- Assess possible hazards associated with the use and maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Perform electrical safety test to verify the safe use of medical equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and performance testing on a wide range of medical equipment
The prerequisite for this course is that learners should be in relevant employment and an appropriate job role and have suitable experience.
Equipment area/types will include ECG, Defibrillators, Patient Monitoring, Infusion devices, Premature Baby Incubators, Foetal Monitoring, Physiotherapy equipment, Surgical Diathermy and an introduction to Anaesthesia & Ventilation.
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website. Our Courses – Eastwood Park Training
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
Price/payment* Any existing promotion is not applicable, please book directly through us