5 days including assessment / 4 days if remote live classroom including assessment 
Who is it for?
This course is designed for practicing boiler house operatives or those responsible for managing a boiler house and its operators.
What is it about?
The Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) provides national accreditation for industrial boiler operators and boiler plant managers. The BG01 guidelines suggest that all competent persons and owners/managers should be trained to the BOAS standard.
Spirax Sarco is a licensed and approved BOAS training provider.
Successful candidates may use the designatory letters “Cert IBO” (Certified Industrial Boiler Operator) or “Dip BOM” (Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management). Delegates taking the Cert IBO and Dip BOM will achieve Dual Award status.
All awards are valid for five years, after which a renewal course becomes necessary .
The course includes all elements of the assessment process, Both Operators and Managers need to complete the following:
1. Completion of mandatory evidence pack (different requirements for Operators and Managers)
2. Completion of a series of examinations (different requirements for Operators and Managers) 
3. Interview with an assessor to establish the individual’s knowledge and understanding, ability, skills and experience. 
– To train and prepare candidates for the BOAS qualification
– To promote safety and energy efficiency in the boiler house with due regard to environmental aspects and legal requirements.
What is covered
We follow the latest learning outcomes as defined by the CEA, currently they contain information on the following topics: 
– Steam fundamentals
– Fuel types
– Boiler controls and instrumentation
– Operation of boilers
– Safety & legal requirements
– Boiler efficiency
Essential Boiler house operatives must have 6 months (or 100 hours) verified practical experience with detailed evidence to support this.
Recommended Attendance on the Steam Boiler Operation Fundamentals course.
Cert IBO (Certified Industrial Boiler Operator) or Dip BOM (Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management)
Format of course
Classroom based OR
Remote live classroom
 The course includes examination papers. All candidates are required to sit examination papers regardless of award.  Exact examination papers undertaken will vary depending on award.  A renewal course is necessary at five yearly intervals.
 Interview many be conducted on final day of course or on a pre-arranged date via a remote platform depending on course choice
 Syllabus may be subject to CEA change