5 days including assessment / 4 days if remote live classroom including assessment 
Who is it for?
Qualified boiler operators and boiler plant managers/supervisors who have taken the BOAS course and are already entitled to use the design letters “Cert IBO” and “Dip BOM” respectively. For new/inexperienced boiler operators, see Steam Boiler Operation Fundamentals course. For boiler operators and managers wishing to obtain a BOAS qualification, see Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) course.
What is it about?
This option is for boiler operators and managers/supervisors who are already accredited within the BOAS. The renewal course should be taken on the 5th anniversary of gaining the BOAS award and 5 yearly thereafter .
The course includes all elements of the assessment process, Both Operators and Managers need to complete the following:
- Completion of mandatory evidence pack (different requirements for Operators and Managers)
- Completion of a series of examinations (different requirements for Operators and Managers) 
- Interview with an assessor to establish the individual’s knowledge and understanding, ability, skills and experience. 
– To train and prepare candidates for the BOAS qualification
– To promote safety and energy efficiency in the boiler house with due regard to environmental aspects and legal requirements
What is covered
We follow the latest learning outcomes as defined by the CEA, currently, they contain information on the following topics: 
– Steam fundamentals
– Fuel types
– Boiler controls and instrumentation
– Operation of boilers
– Safety & legal requirements
– Boiler efficiency
Essential You must already hold the BOAS qualification. Submission of new evidence pack covering the 5-year period since original award with detailed evidence to support your application.
Recommended Familiarisation with the latest BG01 and any associated legislation
Cert IBO (Certified Industrial Boiler Operator) or Dip BOM (Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management)
Format of course
Remote live classroom
 The course includes examination papers. All candidates are required to sit examination papers regardless of the award.
 The exact examination papers undertaken will vary depending on the award.
 A renewal course is necessary at five-yearly intervals.
 Interview many are conducted on the final day of course or on a pre-arranged date via a remote platform depending on course choice.
 The syllabus may be subject to CEA change