Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at building services and or mechanical/electrical engineers new to the repair of electric traction, including MRLs and hydraulic lifts.
You are required to have a building service and or mechanical/electrical engineering background and attended either the LAP or RSWC course at Eastwood Park or an equivalent course with another provider.
You will need to have completed a pre-course assessment before attendance which will count to your overall pass mark for the course.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply safe working practices and procedures in a lift environment to the current legislative standards and guidance
- List the main safety, legal and regulatory documentation relevant to lift installations
- Identify and control the hazards encountered in the lift installation according to current regulations
- Complete routine checks and maintenance adjustments on electric traction and hydraulic lifts in accordance with LOLER, HTM’s and other current guidance
- Explain the thorough examination / inspection on a lift installation in accordance with LOLER
- Explain a circuit diagram to be able to fault find to the required course standard
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.
This is a City & Guilds Assured course.