Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at electricians, maintenance staff and engineers who may be nominated as a Competent/Skilled Person working in the healthcare environment and in accordance with HTM 06-02 as, or aspiring to, the role of Competent/Skilled Person Electrical
To gain the knowledge and skills required to carry out the role of Competent Person LV (Electrical) in preparation for the formal appointment process as required by HTM 06-02.
- State the key roles and duties of the Competent Person (LV) as specified in HTM 06-02
- Give examples of safety documents in accordance with HTM 06-02
- Specify the safety guidance for carrying out work on electrical systems
- Demonstrate safe methods of work in accordance with HTM 06-02
- Identify examples of where a Permit to Work is required in accordance with HTM 06-02
- Explain the safety precautions taken when temporarily leaving a work area
- Identify the need for inspection and testing of completed electrical work
- Identify the statutory requirements that the HTM 06-02 safe systems of work, assist in meeting
The guidance covered on this course is Health Technical Memorandum 06-02: Electrical safety guidance for low voltage systems. We recommend that you bring your own copy so that you can make notes.
Eastwood Park Training Centre
Accommodation on-site is available, please contact us for more information.
Please see attached calendar for upcoming course dates. Further dates may be available, please see our website.
Some of our courses can be delivered on-site (for 6 or more people), please contact us for more information.