This City & Guilds accredited course has been designed to provide a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge and understanding of safety and compliance when working with medical gas systems. Throughout this course HTM 02-01 will be covered in-depth to enable you to understand your role and responsibilities.
This course is made of 2 assessments, a scenario and a multiple-choice examination. Upon successful completion of the written assessment, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement which can be presented to your authorising party for appointment.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been designed for healthcare/estates officers and other personnel, who are looking to be appointed as a Competent Person (MGPS) and require a detailed level of understanding to work with medical gas systems, safely and compliantly.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understanding of the HTM 0201 and its structure and purpose
- Typical Gas System design and operation
- Understanding of gas system schematic diagrams
- Basic fault finding, including typical responses to alarm/ emergency conditions
- MGPS Maintenance and Testing Requirements, including practical tests
- Introduction to the MGPS Permit to Work System, as detailed within HTM 0201
- Emergency Procedures
This course is run over 5 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided.
Copy HTM 02-01 Part A and B, Emergency Procedures, Medical Gas System Drawings (if available), Trust Medical Gas Policy.