This course provides you with an overview and a reminder of what is required within HTM 02-01. Attending this course allows you, as a prospective CP (MGPS), to carry out your duties effectively concerning medical gas supply plant and all medical gas distribution systems. This also covers your ability to react correctly to emergency situations. Upon successful completion of the written assessment, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for maintenance supervisors / other personnel, who have are currently appointed as the Competent Person MGPS, who need refresher training to ensure that they have the continued knowledge and competence to manage a medical gas system safely.
Key Learning Objectives
- Introduction to basic gas safety and HTM 0201
- Typical Gas System design and operation
- Understanding of gas system schematic diagrams
- Basic fault finding, including typical responses to alarm/ emergency conditions
- MGPS Maintenance and Testing Requirements, including practical tests
- Introduction to the MGPS Permit to Work System, as detailed within HTM 0201
- Emergency Procedures
This course is run over 3 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided.
Copy HTM 02-01 Part A and B, Emergency Procedures, Medical Gas System Drawings (if available), Trust Medical Gas Policy.