This course provides you with an overview and a reminder of what is required within HTM 02-01. Attending this course allows you, as a prospective CP (MGPS), to carry out your duties effectively concerning medical gas supply plant and all medical gas distribution systems. This also covers your ability to react correctly to emergency situations. Upon successful completion of the written assessment, you will be issued with a City & Guilds accredited certificate of achievement.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course has been developed for those already appointed as the Competent Person (MGPS) within a healthcare facility and have been for a minimum of three years. This course is an intensive course suitable for those who have a good knowledge of their system, the requirements and general principles of pipeline systems.
For CPs that have infrequent contact with medical gas pipeline systems, we recommend our full 5-day course.
Key Learning Objectives
- Introduction to basic gas safety and HTM 0201
- Typical Gas System design and operation
- Understanding of gas system schematic diagrams
- Basic fault finding, including typical responses to alarm/ emergency conditions
- MGPS Maintenance and Testing Requirements, including practical tests
- Introduction to the MGPS Permit to Work System, as detailed within HTM 0201
- Emergency Procedures
This course is run over 3 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided.
Copy HTM 02-01 Part A and B, Emergency Procedures, Medical Gas System Drawings (if available), Trust Medical Gas Policy.