This City & Guilds Accredited training course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out the role of Competent or Skilled Person (Electrical). It can also assist in demonstrating competence during the formal appointment process. The course meets the criteria contained in Appendix 7 of HTM 06-02.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at electrical staff with responsibility for the operation or maintenance of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be nominated as a Competent/Skilled Person within their organisation.
Key Learning Objectives
- Technical overview of electrical systems and protection concepts
- Awareness of electrical dangers
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations
- Safe working practices with electricity
- Low voltage working procedures for work on equipment made dead
- Receipt of permit to work
- Requirements for live testing and completion of self-check form
- Testing of circuits prior to re-energisation The relevant content of HTM 06-02
This course is run over 2 days.
Everything you require for this course is provided
Background knowledge or experience working within an electrical role