This City & Guilds course will help you to develop the essential, up-to-date knowledge and techniques required to professionally design, install and test electrical installations.
Who is the course aimed at?
The is aimed at electrical professionals, consultants and engineers who are responsible for the design, specification, installation and testing of electrical installations. It is recommended that delegates have previously attended the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and 2391 courses.
Key Learning Objectives
- Design of electrical installations including all necessary calculations
- Design, verification and inspection of electrical installations in compliance with current safety legislation and BS7671
- Verification that designs comply with the relevant regulations
- Conduct an initial verification of a new electrical installation
- Guidance and support to assist completion of a 40-hour design project
This course is run over 5 days.
Books / Manuals – You are permitted to bring the following book(s) into the exam: IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS7671:2018) Blue Book, IET On-site Guide PIET SG18 18th Edition, IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing 18th Edition (we can provide working copies for use during the course), Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID Card, Trade Union Card, Proof of Age Card
Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
18th Edition Wiring Regulations
Background knowledge and experience working within an Electrical role (strongly recommended)