This City & Guilds course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to undertake leak checking of stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment to meet category IV theoretical requirements.
Who is this course for?
This is aimed at those working within the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump sector using fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances.
- Basic standard units and thermodynamics principles of the vapour compression cycle
- Cause and effects of global warming and climate change
- Identification of air conditioning and heat pump components, functions and leakage risk
- Hazards and safe working practices for leak checking of stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat pump systems
- Cause and effect of ozone depletion
- Undertake leak checking and record-keeping
York, Slough and Livingston
This course is run over 2 days.
Photographic ID – This can be in the form of: Passport, Driving Licence, CSCS Card, Work ID Card, Trade Union Card, Proof of Age Card